The Conservation Science and Planning Lab works on projects related to systematic conservation planning, climate-change conscious protected areas and conservation planning, protected areas management effectiveness, the ecological integrity of parks and protected areas, creating a culture of conservation within Canadians, recreation ecology, and understanding people’s connections to nature and wild spaces. In the past , we have also worked on projects focused on reconciliation and decolonization through indigenous tourism.
We collaborate with numerous partners including BC Parks, CPAWS, Y2Y, Parks Canada and Pathway to Target 1. Research themes include:
- Systematic Conservation Planning
- Recreation Ecology
- Protected Areas Management Effectiveness
- Ecological Integrity & Protected Areas Management
- Developing a Culture of Conservation thru Nature Connectedness
- Reconciliation and Decolonization through Indigenous Tourism