Author: Nico Turner (Assistant, Academic Success Centre)
The Academic Success Centre is dedicated to student success. The ASC offers students free and confidential assistance in a variety of courses, including:
- Commerce and economics
- General study skills
- Academic writing for any discipline
Students can access tutoring via:
- One-to-one appointments
- Group appointments
- Mathematical Academic Centre for Excellence (MACE) drop-in (Room 10-2088)
- Supplemental Instruction (SI) sessions (available for select courses)
- Library writing help drop-in (first floor library)
- AskOnline (online writing tutoring, http://unbc.askonline.net)
ASC resources are available on campus or through our website: www.unbc.ca/asc.
Regional support is offered through our online resources and the online writing tutoring system, as well as potential for one-to-one appointments via Skype.
The ASC supports faculty as well as students. We offer embedded learning, which brings workshops and learning strategies right into your classroom – ask us about designing a workshop specific to your students’ needs. We also offer support through the Learning and Study Strategies Inventory (LASSI), which helps our learning strategists analyze a student’s study habits.
If you are concerned about a student’s performance, we are pleased to take referrals. All referrals are strictly confidential.
Our office is located at 10-2584, 2nd floor T&L Building.
- Nico Turner, ASC Assistant | 250-960-6367
- Vivian Fayowski, ASC Coordinator | 250-960-6311
- Brenda Koller, Writing and Learning Strategies Advisor | 250-960-6365