Author: UNBC Centre for Teaching, Learning and Technology
Books (available at the CTLT Library 10-3042):
Border, Laura L.B. 2011. Mapping the Range of Graduate Student Professional Development. (Oklahoma: New Forums Press).
Gorsuch, Greta. 2012. Working Theories for Teaching Assistant Development. (Oklahoma: New Forums Press).
Lewis, Karron G. 1991. The TA Experience: Preparing for Multiple Roles. (Oklahoma: New Forums Press).
Lambert, Leo M. and Stacey Lane Tice. 1993. Preparing Graduate Students to Teach. (American Associate for Higher Education).
Marincovich, Michele, Jack Prostko and Frederic Stout. 1998. The Professional Development of Graduate Teaching Assistants. (Bolton, MA: Anker Publishing Company).
BCIT Instructional Development Resources
- Writing Learning Outcomes: http://www.bcit.ca/files/idc/pdf/ja_learningoutcomes.pdf
- Making Large Lectures Interactive: http://www.bcit.ca/files/ltc/pdf/ja_lecturesinteractive.pdf
- Preparing Lesson Plans: http://www.bcit.ca/files/ltc/pdf/ja_lessonplans.pdf
- Managing Student Behaviour: http://www.bcit.ca/files/idc/pdf/ja_studentbehaviour.pdf
- Assessing Your Teaching Effectiveness: http://www.bcit.ca/files/ltc/pdf/ja_teacheffect.pdf
- Classroom Assessment Techniques: http://www.bcit.ca/files/ltc/pdf/ja_teacheffect.pdf
Additional resources can be found at: http://www.bcit.ca/idc/resources.shtml
Syracuse University: Critical Incidents in College Teaching (Videos)
- Academic Advisors: http://www.unbc.ca/advising
- Centre for Teaching, Learning & Technology (CLTL): http://www.unbc.ca/ctlt/
- Academic Success Centre: http://unbc.ca/academic-success-centre
- Student Computer Help desk (960 5321): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Education Media Services (EMS): http://www.unbc.ca/ems/ (960 6470)
- First Nations Centre: http://www.unbc.ca/firstnationscentre
- Access Resource Centre: http://unbc.ca/access-resource-centre