Hello Grad Students,
The Graduate Student Society is exited to announce our upcoming rafting and camping trip!!!
Here are the deets:
When: July 30th-31st, 2016
Where: Mount Robson
What: A 3 hour rafting trip on class I-III rapids with Mount Robson Whitewater Rafting Co, followed by camping at Robson Shadows Campground, as well as a stop at the Ancient Forest on our way back!
We will be leaving on Saturday July 30th at 9:00am from the UNBC bus loop. We will head straight to our campsite to set up, and from there we will go to begin our 3 hour rafting adventure! After that we will have a barbeque and games at the campsite. In the morning we will have breakfast, pack up and head to the Ancient Forest for a picnic lunch. From there we will return to PG.
Tickets are only $50 for students, $70 for alumni, and $80 for guests! There is a limited number of tickets available (40) and it is first come first serve, so please sign up soon! The deadline for buying tickets for this event is July 22nd, 2016. Attached to this email is a registration form and waiver. Please go by the GSS office to submit your form and purchase your ticket.
We will be carpooling to the event. If you are able to drive, please let GSS know through email (firstname.lastname@example.org). GSS will cover the cost of gas, as well as provide a discount to those that are supplying vehicles. This offer is also on a first come first serve basis, so if you are able to drive/lend a vehicle, please email email@example.com promptly.
Required documents are attached to this post.
Your tickets (only $50!!!) include:
* Transportation to and from UNBC
* Rafting ticket (rafting equipment, paddles, first aid kids, white water helmets, wet suits, life jackets, expert guides, photo services:http://www.mountrobsonwhitewater.com/whitewater-rafting-trip.shtml)
* BBQ Dinner on Saturday
* Breakfast and picnic lunch on Sunday
* Campground (http://www.mountrobsonlodge.com/)
What to bring:
* Student ID card and ticket/receipt
* Lunch for Saturday and snack
* Tent, sleeping bag and any other camping gear you want with you (if you have room in your tent for others, and are willing to have other students share a tent with you, please let us know)
* Swimsuit, warm clothes, towel
* Sunscreen, sunglasses, hats, etc
* Cameras (for the drive, campsite and Ancient Forest, NOT while rafting)
* An adventurous spirit!
If you have any further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Student Affairs
Northern BC Graduate Student Society