Right now I am:
- first and foremost, working every day with my wonderful wife to raise our two sons well.
- managing a variety of projects.
- working with colleagues and students on a variety of papers and book chapters (by my current count… lots) in various states of the writing and publication process.
- supervising or co-supervising three great graduate students, two fantastic postdoctoral associates, and one exemplary undergraduate student.
- trying to find time to process the ton of data and specimens.
- volunteering as an academic editor and a section editor for PeerJ, and as a subject editor for the Journal of the Entomological Society of British Columbia.
- Chair of the UNBC Biology Curriculum Committee.
- working on three additional committees at UNBC: Research Space Committee, Educational Technology Committee, Experiential Learning Committee.
- member of the Entomological Society of Canada Science Policy Committee.
- volunteering on the Science Advisory Committee of A Rocha Canada.
- attempting to put out a blog post on this site once in awhile.
- always getting ready for another NaPoWriMo ; you can see the results of past participation (some very drafty poetry) here.
- on an ongoing – and so far unsuccessful – quest to find a venue to maybe publish my Corvidae-based poetry chapbook manuscript. If you like crows, ravens, magpies, jays, photography, and poetry, contact me!
- preparing for a sabbatical in 2019 – I’m planning lots of sample processing, data crunching, writing, reading, and maybe taking a course or two.
- working to maintain a healthy diet, regular exercise, and a healthy mind.