What Librarians Can Do For You
Librarians are skilled and trained research professionals, instructors and information experts who:
- Assist faculty in the creation of relevant class assignments
- Actively participate in faculty research teams and perform extensive literature searches
- Provide in-class library instruction and information literacy training
- Provide research consultations
- Create and maintain collections, and purchase materials to support current courses and ongoing research
- Ensure accurate and efficient retrieval of resources by users
- Produce online research guides and library instruction tutorials
LibGuides is a collection of Subject Guides created by UNBC Librarians. The guides will help you find books, articles and relevant websites to get you started in your research.
Contact a librarian to arrange instruction and research consultations, and to make material requests and suggestions.
What’s Available to You?
Through the Geoffrey R. Weller Library you have access to:
- Over 50 online indexes (many in full text)
- Electronic reference resources and e-books
- Remote access that allows you to do research from home
- Print collection of over 300,000
- Monographs / Books & Periodicals
- Primary source historical documents
- Map Library & Data Services
- Northern B.C. Archives
- Library research instruction classes
- Wireless internet access
- Library service to distance students
- Interlibrary loan and document delivery
- AskAway Virtual Reference Service
- Book-able group/study rooms
Provide your students with access to required course readings through Course Reserves.
Items from the library, your personal collection, photocopies, and electronic materials can be placed on reserve. Please submit reserve requests at least 5 working days before they are required. Reserves forms can be found at: http://library.unbc.ca/services/course-reserves/course-reserves
For more information contact: email@example.com
Enables all registered users of library to obtain materials that are not part of our library collection. The service is free to our primary users: students, faculty and staff. To create an ILL account or make a request: http://library.unbc.ca/services/interlibrary-loans/interlibrary-loans
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Who’s Your Librarian?