Welcome to EDUC 346 – Class # 3
Today’s Theme: Getting to Know Your Resource Centres
- First Nations Resource Centre: Please meet up at 10:15 am today, Sep 20, 2017 on 3430 Sparks Street (Loen side parking lot) in the same building as Suwilaawks School.
- Next, please meet at the Terrace Public Library at 10:45 am today for a tour of the Aboriginal resources.
The goals of these excursions is to familiarize you with culturally-attuned resources for the upcoming P2. Aboriginal Culturally- Mindfulness (ACM) approaches to Lesson Planning and work on your #03. Aboriginal Educational Resource Recommendation (DUE Sep 26) assignment.
- Attend tours
- Choose a partner (if applicable) for the ACM formative Lesson Planning event, scheduled for Nov. 1st in Room 103 from 10:15 am – 11:15 am. You are encouraged to invite colleagues, family, and friends to the event!
- Assignment #03. Aboriginal Resource Recommendation. This resource will be put on our Class-Blog.
- Review the Aboriginal Community Cultural Engagement (ACCE)
- #03. Aboriginal Educational Resource Recommendation DUE Sep 26 at Midnight VIEW/PRINT
- CANCELLED –>#07. ACM FNRC and Library Field-trip Reflection DUE Oct 3rd at 11:59 PM
- #07. Truth and Reconciliation and the First Peoples Principles of Learning
- INVITATION to Cohort: If you would like to show your support for the Survivors of Residential Schools, consider wearing an ORANGE T-SHIRT or something orange-coloured to class on Wed., Sep 27 for a class photo.
- Due Sep 26: Assignments: