Welcome to EDUC 346 – Class # 2
Thank you for sending in your Reflections.
- Review the Syllabus and Addendum. Discuss any questions, concerns, comments, and/or compliments.
- CONFIRMED for Sep 20th at 10:15 am – Plan our field-trip to to Coast Mountain School District First Nations Resource Centre at Suwilaawks Community School, on 3430 Sparks St (cross-street on Loen) in Terrace; Phone:(250) 638-6394. * Note: We must complete a FIELD TRIP FORM today.
- CONFIRMED for Sep 20th at 10:45 am – Terrace Public Library for a tour on Sep 20th after the FNRC at 10:45 am, following the FNRC visit.
Please meet directly at the FNRC at 10:15 am on Wed., Sep 20, 2017 Our class will receive a tour of the centre and the resources available to you as a teacher-candidate, hosted by the FNRC Librarian. Each student will be pre-registered to utilize the facilities and borrow materials. This field-trip will assist students in the development of the ‘Aboriginal culturally-mindful approaches to lesson planning (ACMALP)’ assignment.
- Shared Class Calendar: You will receive a link to this calendar. I have given everyone ‘EDITOR’ privileges so you may all enter in potential Aboriginal Community Cultural Events (ACCE), etc.
- Signup Sheets for upcoming presentations and projects.
- Please read this article and EMAIL two strong points from the article with your rationale for discussion in class on Sept 27: https://thetyee.ca/News/2012/09/10/BC-Aboriginal-Education/
Due Tue. Sep 26th at 11:59 pm
- Please begin work on your ACCE THINK PAPER. It is due in 2 Weeks on Sep 26 at 11:59 am. PRINT